Rue Froissart 123-133 ● 1040 Brussels ● Belgium
Call for Tender:
Expertise and research in placement of Justice Facility Dogs in the European Union
Date: 31 March 2022
Victim Support Europe seeks experts to support the delivery of activities within the European funded project FYDO – Facility Dogs Europe (Grant Agreement number: 101005748), in particular:
- Share expertise and knowledge with partners of the project on the use and placement of Justice Facility dogs to support vulnerable victims
- Provide guidance and support to partners of the project
- Developing a manual on the placement of Justice Facility Dogs to support vulnerable victims of crime within and outside of the criminal justice systems in Europe.
Victim Support Europe
Address: Rue Froissart 123-133, 1040 Brussels
Phone: 0032 (2) 346 04 55
Type of contract:
Estimated total value:
Maximum 15,000 EUR (all taxes, travel and other costs of the tenderer included)
Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
15 April 2022 – 23:59 CET
Victim Support Europe (VSE) is the leading European umbrella organisation advocating on behalf of all victims of crime, no matter what the crime, no matter who the victim is. VSE represents 68 national member organisations, providing support and information services to more than 2 million people affected by crime every year in more than 30 countries.
Founded in 1990, VSE has been working for almost 30 years for a Europe, and a world, where all victims have strong victims’ rights and services, whether they report the crime or not. We work towards this mission through advocacy to improve EU and international laws, through research and knowledge development and through capacity building at the national and local level.
The selected entity will have to deliver the following activities within the life time of the FYDO Project:
- Advice and support to the project team in the training and placement of FYDO dogs
- Share expertise and knowledge on the development of Facility Dogs program in different EU countries
- Deliver a manual on the placement of Justice Facility Dogs to support vulnerable victims of crime within and outside of the criminal justice systems in Europe
- Attend at least one in person meeting related to the project
Legal entity with at least 15 years’ experience in the following fields:
- Training professionals in working with Justice Facility Dogs and vulnerable victims
- Training and educating legal professionals about the benefits of including justice facility dogs in the investigation and prosecution of crimes and other stressful legal proceedings
- Advocacy and policy work on placement of Justice Facility Dogs
- Professional background in law, victimology and dog’s behaviour
- At least five similar projects in the previous three years
- Understand of situation for Justice Facility Dogs’ placement in at least 5 EU countries
The tender will be awarded to the tender that provides the best value for money.
Tenders must be submitted in English as a single PDF file which does not exceed 20 pages.
Tender should provide examples and information of past relevant experience working on projects of relevance for the present terms of reference.
VSE reserves the right to contact tenderers for clarification before the award, as well as the right not to award the tender if no satisfactory proposal is submitted
Tenders or requests to participate must be submitted electronically via the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The same e-mail address may be used for any clarifications or questions before submission of tenders.