In these times where crime and terrorism still pose a major threat to any member state’s security, it is important to highlight the dedication shown by CREST project partners in achieving a system which will allow to fight these issues more efficiently and accurately.
The CREST Project aims to do this by creating a matrix of data streams between partners and utilise the support of technology. The end result is to be able to equip law enforcement agencies with an IoT-enabled ecosystem of advanced intelligence, operations, and investigation technologies for their fight against crime and terrorism.
VSE’s role within the project is to develop educational information materials in an effort to train and guide citizens on:
- how to prepare and respond to a terrorist attack;
- how to develop resilience, in the event of a criminal or terrorist attack.
Two additional campaigns are under VSE coordination as well.
Preceding the Remembrance Day for Victims of Terrorism, VSE took part in the CREST plenary meeting, held in Lisbon, to share the latest updates and progress of the project.
Photos courtesy of: CREST Project
- The Protection and Guard Service (SPP) – Romania
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) – Greece
- Motorola Solutions (MSIL) – Israel
- Centre of Excellence in Terrorism, Resilience, Intelligence and Organised Crime Research (CENTRIC) – United Kingdom
- EVERIS (EVERIS)
- Lorem University of Technology (WAT) – Poland
- SIMAVI Romania (SIMAVI) – Romania
- Maynooth University (NUIM) – Ireland
- COPTING GmbH (COPT) – Germany
- CyberLens B.V. (CLS) – the Netherlands
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) – Greece
- ROBOTNIK (ROB)
- Universität Wien Department of Digitalisation and Innovation in Law (UNIVIE) – Austria
- IN MANIBUS MEIS (INMM) – Italy
- Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) – Northern Ireland
- Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) – Greece
- Hochschule fur den offentlichen Dienst in Bayern (BayHFOD) – Germany
- State Protection and Guard Service of the Republic of Moldova (SPPS) – Republic of Moldova
- Polícia Judiciária (PJ) – Portugal
- Hellenic Police (Hellenic Police) – Greece
- Police and Border Guard Board – Estonia
- Defence Institute “Professor Tsvetan Lazarov” (BDI) – Bulgaria
- Victim Support Europe (VSE)