Victim Support Europe (VSE) is the leading Europe-wide umbrella organisation for victims of crime. It is a dynamic organisation, going through an exciting period of expansion and development. It currently consists of 59 organisations from 31 countries. VSE advocates on behalf of victims, to make sure that throughout Europe all victims’ needs are respected and their rights recognised. The organisation aims to ensure that every victim of crime in Europe is able to access information and support services in the aftermath of crime, regardless of where the victim lives or where the crime took place.
VSE is currently looking for a full time Executive Assistant. The position will start ideally mid-September 2021. This is a dynamic position which provides good variety, working with the Executive Director (ED) and Deputy Director (DD) to manage diary and email commitments, supporting the Financial Officer (FO) with financial administrative tasks, supporting the communications officer in the maintenance of VSE’s online platforms and carrying out general administrative duties.
The key candidate will be highly organised, have good drafting skills and have a pro-active and dynamic approach to work.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director whilst working closely with the other staff members. The post will be based in our head office in Brussels.
Managing the ED’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritising the most sensitive matters. These duties include:
- Prioritising emails and phone calls, gathering documents to prepare for meetings;
- Organising meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders; booking meeting rooms
- Coordinating travel arrangements;
- Answering phone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Serves as the liaison on all communications for the Communications Team. Responsible for communicating updates and reporting on the events to the Communications Officer.
- Work closely with Communications Team to identify ways to increase ED’s ambassadorship across VSE’s communication platforms.
- Provide administrative support for the Communications & Events Team.
- Supporting the FO by carrying out basic administrative duties
- Carrying out other administration tasks in support to the Administrative Assistant
Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Professional discretion
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction
- Interpersonal skills
- Good command of MS Office tools
Terms of contract:
The position is based in VSE’s head office in Brussels. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the EU. VSE cannot assist non-EU Nationals to obtain a work permit or help with relocation costs. The selected candidate will be offered an employment contract with gross monthly salary of 2000 euro, as well as the entitlement to 13th month, meal vouchers, eco cheques, contribution to transportation costs.
VSE is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other personal characteristics.
Desired starting date of assignment: 15th September
How to apply?
Send your Motivation letter and your CV by email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting “VSE executive assistant” in the subject line, by 17:00 CET on 20th August 2021.
Incomplete application will not be considered.