VSE advocates on behalf of victims, to strengthen their rights and services throughout Europe. The organisation aims to ensure that every victim in Europe is able to access these rights and services in the aftermath of crime, regardless of where the victim lives or where the crime took place.
VSE is going through an exciting period of expansion with a number of new projects and policy opportunities and is therefore recruiting a full time Project Manager for an initial period of 12 months with the possibility of extension.
The key candidate will be highly organised and have a pro-active and dynamic approach to work with the ability to solve problems and create solutions using their own initiative. The candidate should have at least 2 years of proven experience in managing international/EU projects.
The post holder will be responsible for running or working on a number of projects as well as winning new projects and partnering on projects.
The Project manager’s primary project responsibilities will include:
- Developing victim support services in Serbia – with the World Bank and the Serbian authorities
- A 28 Country study assessing the practical implementation of the EU Victims Directive
- In addition, the Project Manager will support the Executive Director and the Policy Officer on core VSE objectives including:
- Supporting the establishment or strengthening of national victim support organisations in 13 EU Member States
- Improving support to victims across borders
- Developing training programmes
- Developing information and materials to support victims and
- Coordinating support for foreign victims of terrorism
The post holder will report directly to the Executive Director whilst working closely with the Administrative and Project Officer, Policy Officer and Office Manager. The post will be based in our head office in Brussels.
For full job description, key responsibilities and procedure how to apply please click here