On 10 November 2015 João Lázaro, President of the Portuguese Association for Victim Support (APAV) was elected President of Victim Support Europe at our General Meeting which took place in Brussels. João Lázaro has been working for APAV since 1995, first as Secretary General, then as CEO and since 2013 as President. Over the past year he has been increasingly involved in the work of Victim Support Europe as he, together with Helgard van Hüllen, both in their quality of Vice Presidents, acted on behalf of our former President, David McKenna, who had been on sick leave for almost a year before he passed away in August 2015.
The General Meeting also elected Sabrina Bellucci, CEO of the French National Institute for Victim Support and Mediation (INAVEM) to the post of Vice President as well as 3 new Executive Board Members from Austria, Croatia and the UK.
8 countries are currently represented on our Executive Board:
– President | João Lázaro, President of APAV, Portugal
– Vice-President | Helgard van Hüllen, Vice-President of Weisser Ring Germany
– Vice-President | Sabrina Bellucci, CEO of INAVEM, France
– Leena-Kaisa Åberg, CEO of RIKU, Finland
– Mark Castle, CEO of Victim Support England and Wales, UK
– Victor Jammers, Member of the Board of Directors of Slachtofferhulp, The Netherlands
– Livija Plančić, President of Bijeli krug Hrvatske, Croatia
– Barbara Unterlerchner, Weisser Ring Austria